- The Province is in phase 3 of the re-opening; however, our clinic protocols have remained relatively the same. You may notice a few changes on our Covid questionnaire. At this time we are continuing to ask you to wear a mask during your time in the clinic to ensure the safety of all of our patients and RMTs. Remember to follow the other protocols of washing hands upon arrival, arriving just before your treatment time, and to stay home if you are not feeling well or have been in close contact with someone who has contracted Covid 19. We will continue to waive our cancellation fees if you cancel due to sickness.
- Our protocols have been recommended by our regulatory body the CMTBC and we will be re-evaluating them in the fall.
- We have all been vaccinated and we strongly encourage you to also go and get yours.
- We now have a facebook page check it out! We will be posting clinic news, links to exercises and other homecare, open massage appointments, upcoming workshops & courses… really anything we think you might want to know.
Update COVID 19 Protocols
As mentioned above our protocols have remained relatively the same. Below are the Coles Notes.
What we are doing:
- We have changed our scheduling so there is less chance of overlap between patients on the way into and out of their treatment. We ask that you pay very close attention to our new times.
- We will have the front door open for you when you arrive and leave to remove the need for touching handles.
- We have increased our already thorough cleaning with a CDC approved disinfectant that will be used between every patient on all surfaces that could have been touched by previous client or therapist.
- We will be contacting you 48 hrs before your treatment for a pre-screening and again at the time of your appointment.
- We will continue to waive our late cancellation fees to help people comply with the screening protocols and stay home if they are sick. We still ask for as much notice as possible however, as we may be able to fill that spot with 24 hrs notice.
- The RMTs will be performing their own self-screening daily and will not work if they feel that they have the novel coronavirus or may have come into contact with it.
- We are continuing to do our thorough hand washing to the elbows before and after every treatment.
- We will be wearing masks during the treatment time.
What we require our Patients to do:
- We ask that you come for your appointment at the scheduled time, to further avoid any overlap and take away the need for people to be in the waiting room.
- We ask that you come alone unless you are bringing a minor in for treatment or someone who requires assistance.
- We continue to ask you to wash your hands at the kitchen sink as soon as you come into the clinic and use the hand sanitizer provided as you leave.
- We ask you to wear your own mask (cloth is fine) to your appointment and please put in on before you enter the building.
- Where possible we ask that you maintain the 6ft social distancing within the clinic and we have decreased the number of waiting room chairs to reflect that there shouldn’t be a need to wait and if so that people are spaced apart.
- You will have to fill out a questionnaire and sign a consent to treatment document at the start of each visit acknowledging that you are safe to be in the clinic and consent to the potential risk of infection by being at the clinic.
- We please ask for honesty during these screening procedures for all our safety. If we feel that you do not meet the screening answers we will not continue with the treatment and ask you to leave the clinic.
- We ask that you be prepared to pay with debt or credit card and avoid cash at this time as much as possible. We will continue to be as paperless as possible with regard to receipts.