- Sarah just posted a new article on the Blog about Ortho-Bionomy®, check it out.
- Thank you for wearing your masks into the building and throughout your time at our clinic.
- We now have a facebook page check it out! We will be posting clinic news, links to exercises and other homecare, open massage appointments, upcoming workshops & courses… really anything we think you might want to know.
- Christie de la Perrelle has had a great start in the clinic. She still has openings in coming weeks, check out her schedule on Jane.
New Protocols during the COVID 19 outbreak
In an effort to get back to working with our patients as early as possible we have set up the following protocols to comply with what has been recommended by the PHO and our regulatory body the CMTBC. Here is a link to a much more thorough Return to Work plan we have in place on the resource page of the website. While in the past we strived to have a place of business that would not spread any flu or infection, this new virus is unlike what we have faced. We all have to work together to prevent its spread. If we all strive to do the screenings regularly and do our best to keep our social contact bubbles small, when possible, it will lessen our chances of contracting the virus or inadvertently spreading it. We are in this together.
What we are doing:
- We have changed our scheduling so there is less chance of overlap between patients on the way into and out of their treatment. We ask that you pay very close attention to our new times.
- We will have the front door open for you when you arrive and leave to remove the need for touching handles.
- We have increased our already thorough cleaning with a CDC approved disinfectant that will be used between every patient on all surfaces that could have been touched by previous client or therapist.
- We will be contacting you 48 hrs before your treatment for a pre-screening and again at the time of your appointment.
- We will continue to waive our late cancellation fees to help people comply with the screening protocols and stay home if they are sick. We still ask for as much notice as possible however, as we may be able to fill that spot with 24 hrs notice.
- The RMTs will be performing their own self-screening daily and will not work if they feel that they have the novel coronavirus or may have come into contact with it.
- We are continuing to do our thorough hand washing to the elbows before and after every treatment.
- We will be wearing masks during the treatment time.
What we require our Patients to do:
- We ask that you come for your appointment at the scheduled time, to further avoid any overlap and take away the need for people to be in the waiting room.
- We ask that you come alone unless you are bringing a minor in for treatment or someone who requires assistance.
- We continue to ask you to wash your hands at the kitchen sink as soon as you come into the clinic and use the hand sanitizer provided as you leave.
- We ask you to wear your own mask (cloth is fine) to your appointment and please put in on before you enter the building.
- Where possible we ask that you maintain the 6ft social distancing within the clinic and we have decreased the number of waiting room chairs to reflect that there shouldn’t be a need to wait and if so that people are spaced apart.
- You will have to fill out a questionnaire and sign a consent to treatment document at the start of each visit acknowledging that you are safe to be in the clinic and consent to the potential risk of infection by being at the clinic.
- We please ask for honesty during these screening procedures for all our safety. If we feel that you do not meet the screening answers we will not continue with the treatment and ask you to leave the clinic.
- We ask that you be prepared to pay with debt or credit card and avoid cash at this time as much as possible. We will continue to be as paperless as possible with regard to receipts.